Aktuelle Zeit: 21. Oktober 2019, 10:50

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00

Forum gesperrt  Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Sie können keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 9 Beiträge ] 
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: More idiots
BeitragVerfasst: 27. Juni 2006, 13:58 

http://www.sensibleerection.com/entry.php/58090

Oleg posted pictures of my daughter and her rifle here. [CORRECTION: someone hot linked to Oleg's pictures.]

I don't have a problem with the site content, but there are adult images, and I'm not thrilled with them next to my daughter.

Then there's the usual idiots that I should be in JAIL for owning guns, I'm a killer, doesn't matter if I've made extensive studies and use weapons professionally, I don't know what I'm talking about :roll:

Enjoy.

CONTACT WITH CHAOS April 2009 von Baen Books
FREEHOLD Januar 2004 von Baen Books

Zuletzt geändert von MikeWilliamson am 27. Juni 2006, 14:24, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: More idiots
BeitragVerfasst: 27. Juni 2006, 14:19 

Zitat:
Oleg posted pictures of my daughter and her rifle here.
As far as I understand, it's not Oleg who posted the links there. Maybe he will ask the site owner to take them down?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 27. Juni 2006, 14:26 

Corrected for early morning bad grammar. :)

Betreff des Beitrags: bin i in england?
BeitragVerfasst: 1. Juli 2006, 15:33 

Was ist los?????????
um was gehts?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 1. Juli 2006, 15:46 

da hat jemand die fotos von seiner kleinen tochter geklaut und dann auch noch neben schmuddelbildchen gestellt. und er regt sich über die üblichen idioten/idiotien auf, die da teilweise abgelichtet sind.

kein englisch? :)

[/size][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/style5,realSMILEY.png[/img]

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 1. Juli 2006, 16:19 

I'm most amused by the Australian "Security guard" who insists that having a weapon, or a job where you need a weapon, is a bad idea, and one should just run away if threatened.

Hiring him would be a great investment in security for your company, yes? :lol:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 4. Juli 2006, 19:03 

Zitat:
I'm most amused by the Australian "Security guard" who insists that having a weapon, or a job where you need a weapon, is a bad idea, and one should just run away if threatened.
I won't even comment on coward security guards :) Must be a real pro.

You should check the licence of the pictures in question, maybe you can force him to take them down (at least the thumbnail is hosted on his own server).

After reading the comments of all the holier-than-thou anti-gun-nuts I came up with a question:
As I understand it many US states force the Duty to Retreat upon you, meaning you are not allowed to defend yourself, unless retreat is not possible or would put you in great danger. Florida and at least South Dakota changed that law so that "standing your ground", i.e. self-defense when being attacked, is alright. Opponents call it "Shoot First" laws, they claim it is now allowed to attack people when they look at you funny.

I think a court is very well able to make the distinction between justified self-defense, after you were attacked, and attacking first. Can you comment on what the new laws allow and do not allow?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 4. Juli 2006, 21:07 

Those laws are a delineated response to a few places--New Jersey, NYC, some others--where it was decided that property is "not worth fighting over" and one should "just leave the house."

Of course, once OUTSIDE your door, you're less safe. And it encourages burglary.

The standard American legal rule, based on old English common law, is that one may use deadly force, "under circumstances where a reasonable person would fear for their life." This is a valid argument in most investigations, grand jury trials and criminal trials. Few prosecutors, even in places where guns are officially banned, will attempt to prosecute you for saving your life by shooting a burglar coming in to your house.

Virtually everywhere, someone committing forcible entry (A felony), is legitimately considered a threat. The new laws just codify that for the clue impaired.

The "Castle Doctrine" (A man's home is his castle") simply codifies that at home, or in your car or on the street, you are NOT obligated to run away (Sure. I'll just leave my 5 year old standing there and run. Criminals never attack kids, after all :roll: ) from a perceived threat, and may use deadly force to defend yourself or another.

This doesn't mean you can shoot a drunk who's staggering around. However, if someone raises a knife, club, etc, and threatens you, it's legitimate to assume they intend to carry through.

We just passed such a law here, though it's a formality. For example, the only attempted carjacking I can recall was a fleeing felon from out of state. He grabbed a car at the lights, pointed a weapon and demanded the driver get out. The driver got out, drew his weapon and shot the felon (Wanted in several states) as he sat down. The prosecutor declined to charge the car's owner, citing it as reasonable to assume said felon was an immediate danger to public safety.

We generally don't lock our cars or houses around here. Actually, I just wound up the windows on my van and locked it--storm moving in. It's been open for three days in my driveway, and I have most of my merchandise in it for an upcoming show.

The same van was broken into in Chicago, where weapons are illegal, in a gated and fenced hotel parking lot with guards, and I lost the stereo and a crate of knives.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 4. Juli 2006, 21:09 

BTW: Oleg said he'll leave the link, so people can see what kind of loons are out there. I agree.

Forum gesperrt  Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Sie können keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 9 Beiträge ] 

Alle Zeiten sind UTC+02:00